We provide many HVAC services at Beltway Air Conditioning & Heating, including both residential and commercial heating, cooling and duct system repairs, maintenance and installation. However, we also provide some of Hanover’s best HVAC design-build services.
HVAC Design and Install Procedures
The following steps should be followed in the design and installation of the HVAC system to ensure efficiency and comfort:
- Determine room-by-room loads and air-flows using ACCA Manual J calculation procedures (or substantially equivalent).
- Layout duct system on floor plan, accounting for the direction of joists, roof hips, fire-walls, and other potential obstructions. Determine register locations and types, duct lengths, and connections required to produce layout given construction constraints.
- Size duct system according to ACCA Manual D calculation procedures (or substantially equivalent).
- Size HVAC equipment to sensible load using ACCA Manual S procedures (or substantially equivalent).
- Install equipment and ducts according to design specifications, using installation requirements and procedures from the Uniform Mechanical Code, the Air Diffusion Council, SMACNA, California Residential Energy Efficiency Standards, and manufacturers’ specifications (Title 24); Using these procedures and those in Appendix A, the duct system should be substantially air tight.
- Charge the system appropriately, and verify charge with the evaporator super-heat method or sub-cooling method (or substantially equivalent).
- Check for proper furnace burner operation and fire-box drafting.
- Test the system to ensure that it performs properly by determining that the system is properly sized, it does not leak substantially, and has either proper air handler fan flow, and proper plenum static pressures, or proper room and return air flows, and proper plenum static pressures.